Elton Lui, a Tong Ren practitioner in Hong Kong, tested the efficacy of Tong Ren by conducting an experiment with green bean seeds. During the week of January 7, 2008, Elton monitored the growth of the same package of seeds, separated into two containers with the same source of water, but treated only one of the containers of seeds with Tong Ren. The experiment and results are as shown below:
1) Using the same package of green bean seeds, 60 seeds were divided in two containers at the same time, and the same amount of water from the same source was added to each container (Container 3 and Container 4).
2) The containers remained next to each other so the environment for each would be similar.
3) The housekeeper, with no knowledge of Tong Ren, changed the water daily in each of the containers, and replenished each container with the same amount of water from the same source.
4) A camcorder videotaped the green-bean growth in each container daily for one second of time in 10-minute intervals.
5) Once a day, Container 3 received five minutes of Tong Ren treatment 10 meters away from Container 4 in a separate room behind closed doors.
Results (after 7 days):
1) The bean sprouts in Container 4 (without Tong Ren treatment) grew taller than those in Container 3 (with Tong Ren treatment).
2) The bean sprout roots in Container 3 grew bigger and stronger than those in Container 4.
3) The bean sprout stems in Container 3 grew stronger than those in Container 4.
This is the first experiment conducted with Tong Ren treatment on green beans. This experiment tested the hypothesis that the power of the mind can affect the cells of plants and their growth patterns. Of course this test is not perfect and professional, but it can lead to larger interests. Hopefully, the experts can accept this theory and it will stimulate enough interest in the scientific community to repeat these kinds of experiments in a professional setting. It’s easy and simple! Each day, just practice Tong Ren by tapping the doll with the hammer for 5 minutes. Will you try to do it?! Why not?! We hope all of the Tong Ren practitioners can repeat this experiment once for themselves.